So I’m a HUGE fan of Consumer Reports.
And one of my favorite issues is their Restaurant Ratings edition.
Being the huge foodie I am, I love this.
I’m always curious to see which restaurants are the best and worst to go to.
One restaurant that caught my eye in the Italian restaurant ratings section, was the #1, highest rated Italian restaurant, Biaggi’s Ristorante Italiano.
Unfortunately, there are no Biaggi’s in Maryland so I have never been there yet. But I really really need to.
So for the purpose of this blog and my appetite, I decided to do some research on the restaurant and found some pretty cool things.
My favorite thing of course was their very large gluten free menu.
A gluten free menu at a pasta restaurant? Pff, that’s impossible.
“What, is there only going to be salads without croutons?” (That’s me talking in a sarcastic voice)
But believe it or not, I was totally wrong. Biaggi’s offers an entire gluten free menu of over 29 items. Wow, I was impressed.
And the best thing about Biaggis Ristorante Italiano Gluten Free Menu is that they offer gluten free pastas (brown rice gluten free pasta) and gluten free pizza dough, which I think is just so awesome.
So with that being said, here is the entire Biaggis Ristorante Italiano gluten free menu.
Biaggis Gluten Free Menu
You can also request gluten free bread instead of the normal bread basket choices.
- Carpacio: delicate beef tenderloin thinly sliced and served raw with capers, arugula, imported Asiago cheese and a Dijon aioli. Please specify no flatbread grissini when ordering.
- Mussels in Tomate-Garlic Broth: a full pound of delicately simmered mussels in a tomato-garlic-white wine broth. Please specify to have no grilled baguette crouton.
- Bacon Wrapped Date: applewood smoked bacon wrapped dates oven-roasted with a maple balsamic glaze.
- House Salad: mixed greens, carrots, cucumbers, and roasted red peppers tossed in our herb-garlic balsamic dressing.
- Caesar Salad: Romaine lettuce tossed with our homemade Caesar dressing. Make sure specify no croutons.
- Spinach Salad: Tender spinach leaves tossed in our sun-dried tomato-bacon dressing. Topped with Gorgonzola cheese, red onion and a hard-boiled egg.
- Messina Salad: Field greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, Kalamata olives, capers, red onion and feta cheese splashed with red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Roasted Beet Salad: Fresh beets roasted with a honey balsamic marinade and served with arugula and field greens, avocado, sun-dried cranberries, toasted pistachios and whipped garlic-herb Montchevré goat cheese.
- Chopped Chicken Salad: Iceberg lettuce, grilled chicken, tomatoes, avocado, Gorgonzola cheese, crispy bacon and red onion tossed in our special house dressing. Make sure to specify no rosemary flatbread.
- Venetian Chicken Salad: Mixed greens tossed with grilled chicken, red peppers, carrots, Gorgonzola cheese, apples, toasted walnuts and a black raspberry vinaigrette.
- Seared Salmon Salad: Fresh salmon fillet hand-cut by and seared on iron with a fennel seed black peppercorn crust. Served over mixed greens tossed with red onion, cherry tomatoes, capers, fresh feta and a lemon vinaigrette.
- Filet Mignon Salad: Three grilled petite filet medallions served with mixed greens, Gorgonzola cheese, grilled vegetables and cherry tomatoes tossed in red wine vinaigrette.
Brown Rice Gluten Free Pasta (Spaghetti or Penne)
- Pasta Di Mare: Gluten-free pasta, large shrimp, scallops and calamari sautéed in a spicy tomato-vegetable sauce and topped with mussels and Little Neck clams.
- Pasta All Toscana: Gluten-free pasta sautéed with Italian sausage, roasted peppers, onion and tomato sauce. Topped with garlic-herb Montchevré goat cheese.
- Pasta Alfredo: Grilled chicken, gluten-free pasta, roasted red peppers, crispy Italian cured bacon, caramelized onions and peas tossed in our Alfredo sauce with Asiago cheese.
- Pasta Marinara: Gluten-free pasta with a simple, fresh marinara sauce, fresh mozzarella and basil.
Made with their Gluten Free Dough
- Chicken Picannte: Spicy grilled chicken, smoked bacon, leeks, garlic-herb Montchevré goat cheese and our Italian cheese blend.
- Sausage Pizza: Italian sausage, fresh tomato sauce and our Italian cheese blend.
- Pepperoni Pizza: Pepperoni, fresh tomato sauce and our Italian cheese blend.
- Margherita Pizza: Traditional preparation with fresh tomato sauce, basil and our Italian cheese blend.
- Sicilian Meatball Pizza: Homemade Sicilian meatballs, salami, Italian cured bacon, caramelized onions, imported buffalo mozzarella, fresh tomato sauce and our Italian cheese blend.
- Mediterranean Pizza: Red and green peppers, onion, mushrooms, black olives, garlic-herb Montchevré goat cheese and our Italian cheese blend.
- Grilled Chicken Parmesan: Herb-marinated chicken breast grilled and topped with fresh marinara sauce and our four cheese blend. Served with gluten-free pasta tossed in our light tomato cream sauce.
- Chicken Pietro: Pan-sautéed chicken breast simmered in our homemade sauce of balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, rosemary, a touch of honey and portabello mushrooms. Served with a medley of sautéed vegetables.
- Salmon & Shrimp Milanese: Fresh fillet of fennel seed / black peppercorn crusted salmon seared on iron. Served with large grilled shrimp, creamy Italian rice with asparagus and saffron and a lemon-basil butter sauce.
- Potato-Parmesan Crusted Tilapia: Tender fillet of tilapia lightly pan-sautéed with a potato-Parmesan crust and served with a medley of sautéed vegetables.
- Grilled Pork Chops: Marinated pork chops grilled and served with sautéed vegetables, garlic mashed potatoes and roasted garlic demi-glace. Be sure to specify no Parmesan-Gorgonzola butter.
- Filet Mignon: An 8 oz. filet mignon grilled to perfection and served with a sun-dried tomato cream sauce, sautéed mushrooms, asparagus, oven-roasted tomatoes and garlic mashed potatoes.
- North Atlantic Cod: Fillet of moist and flaky North Atlantic cod seasoned with herbs and seared on iron. Served over a bed of whipped cauliflower and sautéed spinach and drizzled with a lemon caper vinaigrette.
Gluten Free Sauces
- Espresso Sauce
- Italian Salsa
- Mac & Cheese Sauce
- Rum Caramel
- Scallion Cream
- Sun-Dried Tomato Cream
- Tomato Sauce
For 150+ complete gluten free restaurant menus similar to the Biaggis Ristorante Italiano gluten free menu, please be sure to check out my brand new 2014 book, the Gluten Free Guide to Restaurant Chains.
Also don’t forget to check out our listing of Italian restaurants that offer gluten free options on their menu. You can see this listing by visiting this page.