Looking for a quick snack that’s protein-rich, healthy, and delicious? If so then a gluten free jerky is the perfect option.
Unfortunately, quite a few jerky brands, minus a handful of the big name ones, that you find at the grocery store are full of gluten.
So to make things a little bit easier, I compiled a list of most popular gluten free jerky brands that you can find online, on Amazon, at some grocery stores, and even at Walmart or Target.
Best Gluten Free Jerky
Here are some of the more popular gluten free jerky brands out there today that are definitely worth trying. (Please note that this is informational only and that these brands are not ranked from best to worst.)
1. Baja Jerky
Baja Jerky offers all-natural, nitrate-free beef jerky that come in six different flavors. Plus, each bag (depending on the flavor) contains 100 or less clears and 10-13 grams of protein. And as an added bonus, select flavors contain zero sugar.
- traditional beef jerky
- street taco beef jerky
- salsa fresca beef jerky (best seller)
- lime and serene pepper
- crackin’ pepper beef jerky
- sweet orange beef jerky
Bricktown offers gluten free, soft and tender beef jerky in some cool and unique flavors. The selling point for this brand is that they special in moist jerky that’s generally easy to chew.
- honey pepper beef jerky
- sweet bbq beef jerky
- spicy beef
Cattaneo Bros specializes in gluten-free, sugar free, and small batch jerky in both normal and extra thin cuts. Plus, they even have a 100% grass fed beef line too. Just watch out for the turkey and teriyaki flavored jerky as they all contain gluten.
- original extra thin cut
- black pepper extra thin cut
- mesquite extra thin cut
- hot pepper extra thin cut
- black pepper premium handcut
- original premium handcut
- mesquite premium handcut
- black pepper 100% grass-fed
- sea salt 100% grass-fed
- chipotle 100% grass-fed
- chile cayenne 100% grass-fed
- original classic cut
- black pepper classic cut
Epic offers snack strips that are Whole 30, keto-friendly, and gluten free, all of which come in unique flavors and meat types including salmon, wagyu beef, chicken bison bacon, and venison.
- wagyu beef snack strips
- smoked salmon snack strips
- venison beef snack strips
- chicken sriracha snack strips
- bison bacon chia snack strips
5. Jack Links
This is probably the most well-known jerky brand that can be found everywhere. Please note that only the flavors below are gluten free and are made following special production policies to help prevent any cross-contamination.
- original beef steaks
- blackberry bbq beef strip bars
- zero sugar original beef jerky
- original rotisserie chicken strip bar
- peppered beef strips
- habanero beef strips bar
- spicy chicken strip bars
- extra tender pepper beef steak strips
- extra tender original beef steak strips
- teriyaki beef tender bites
- original beef tender bites
- original prime rib tender cuts
Jerky.com specializes in uniquely flavored beef, pork, and chicken jerky and biltong sold exclusively under their own brand. Plus, every bag of their South African Biltong is keto-friendly and sugar free.
- buffalo wing chicken jerky
- cajun boil beef jerky
- old fashioned picky smoked beef jerky
- montreal style beef jerky
- raspberry jalapeño beef jerky
- biltong original air dried beef
- biltong peri-peri air dried beef
- biltong garlic air dried beef
- biltong teriyaki air dried beef
- barbecue pork jerky
- biltong peppered air dried beef
Jerky’s specializes in 100% premium grass fed beef jerky that’s made with no hormones, no antibiotics, and no nitrates.
- black pepper
- ghost ppper
- smokehouse bbq
- sweet citrus
Katie’s probably has one of the more extensive selection of gluten free flavors of any jerky brand on this list. They even have a pineapple jerky. Yes, you read that correctly.
- spicy cajun beef jerky
- pot roast beef jerky
- spicy pot roast beef jerky
- steakhouse beef jerky
- spicy steakhouse beef jerky
- bloody mary beef jerky
- spicy bloody mary beef jerky
- old fashioned cowboy beef jerky
- spicy cowboy beef jerky
- habanero maple beef jerky
- maple beef jerky
- cajun beef jerky
- taco beef jerky
- 7 pot primo beef jerky
- carolina reaper beef jerky
- hawaiian beef jerky
- habanero pepper’d beef jerky
- original peppered beef jerky
- smoky bbq beef jerky
- seriously spicy beef jerky
- scorpion xxx beef jerky
- scorpion beef jerky
- ghost pepper’d beef jerky
- spicy smokey bbq beef jerky
- spicy teriyaki beef jerky
- garlic lovers’ dream beef jerky
- half heat beef jerky
- black cherry bourbon beef jerky
- brown sugar pineapple jerky
- katie’s original beef jerky
- teriyaki beef jerky
Krave specializes in 100% grass-fed beef jerky jam packed with protein and made with no artificial ingredients. Currently, all of their jerky is gluten free including their zero sugar and plant-based lines. Plus, they even have a subscription option.
- spicy sesame giner
- sweet chipotle
- black cherry bbq
- chili lime
- sea salt original
- garlic chili pepper
- grilled teriyaki
- sonoma style bbq zero sugar
- southwest hatch chile zero sugar
- buffalo chicken zero sugar
- smoked chipotle plant-based jerky
- korean bbq plant-based jerky
Oklahoma Jerky Company specializes in gluten free beef jerky that’s made the old school way meaning that each piece is brought and tough. As opposed to the moist and easy to chew style, Oklahoma Jerky Company makes drier, tougher to chew jerky that’s all natural and preservatives-free.
- old fashioned hickory smoked beef jerky
- old fashioned peppered beef jerky
- old fashioned garlic flavored beef jerky
- old fashioned hot beef jerky
- old fashioned jalapeño flavored beef jerky
Oberto is probably the second most popular jerky brand on this list, right behind Jack Links. They currently offer a selection premium steak jerky made with zero artificial ingredients, as well as some smoked sausages.
- original beef jerky
- spicy sweet beef jerky
- teriyaki beef jerky
- bacon jerky
- classic recipe smoked sausage
- hot links smoked sausage
People’s Choice offers old fashioned, artisanal dairy beef jerky that’s gluten free, sugar free, and keto approved. Currently, only their Old Fashioned and Carne Seca line are gluten free, not the Classic.
- old fashioned original beef jerky
- old fashioned hot and spicy beef jerky
- limon con chile beef jerky
- hatch green chile beef jerky
- machaca jerky chew
Righteous Felon features jerky with a righteous cause. This means that with your purchase, Righteous Felon commits a donation that will advocate for and protect nature in North America through their membership with the Conservation Alliance. This brand also provides “Second Chance” employment opportunities for individuals returning to the workforce from incarceration.
All of their jerky is all natural, low sugar, gluten free, and made from beef with no added hormones or antibiotics.
- o.g. hickory
- habanero escobar
- victorious b.i.g.
- maryland monroe
- voodoo chile
- truffle-o bill
- bourbon franklin
- fowl capone turkey jerky
- darth garlic biltong
- ancho villa biltong
- nelson mandilla biltong
14. Think Jerky
Think Jerky offers delicious chef crafted jerky made from 100% grass-fed beef. The coolest part is that each flavor is crafted by a different celebrating including Michelin-star winners, James Beard Award winners, and even world-famous restauranteurs.
But the best part is that every single flavor and product that they make is gluten free.
- classic flavor beef jerky
- sweet chipotle beef jerky
- sesame teriyaki beef jerky
- sriracha honey turkey jerky
- jalapeño beef stick
- original beef stick
- original turkey stick
Topanga’s Finest makes 100% gluten free jerky that they believe will not cause any stomach problems for customers with Celiac Disease or gluten sensitive. As a result, all of their flavors and jerky types are gluten free. Currently, they offer chicken, beef, and bacon jerky.
- gluten free teriyaki gourmet chicken jerky
- gluten free chicken sriracha style
- gluten free spicy sriracha style bacon jerky
- gluten free teriyaki beef jerky
- gluten free spicy sriracha style beef jerky
- gluten free orange teriyaki beef jerky
- gluten free old fashioned maple bacon jerky
- gluten free buffalo wing chicken jerky
- gluten free original beef jerky
Some things to watch out for…
Jerky might seem like a surefire gluten free snack because it doesn’t contain any wheat or gluten ingredients, but to be honest, there are a couple things that make jerky unsafe to eat for anyone living a gluten free lifestyle.
1. Soy Sauce
The main reason a jerky is not gluten free is usually because of soy sauce. Soy sauce, which normally contains gluten, can be found in a ton of jerky products especially if that brand offers a teriyaki or Asian-influenced flavor.
That said, if you happen to stumble upon a jerky that is teriyaki flavor, be sure to always check that it’s made with either gluten free soy sauce or tamari.
2. Teriyaki Flavors
If a jerky is teriyaki flavor, there’s always a high chance that it is made from soy sauce that contains gluten. Now this isn’t the case for all brands, as seen in the list above, but there’s always a slight risk. So please always check the labels, ingredients, and allergens list before consuming.
If you have any additional gluten free jerky brand recommendations, please let me know by leaving a comment below and I’ll get them added to this list. Thanks!